Daniel Silverstein

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm always excited to share a designer I come across that has neat lookin' stuff and just so happens to be conscientious about their manufacturing/designs/materials in some way or another...

 Daniel Silverstein was introduced to the concept of zero fabric waste design while a student at FIT.


Straight from his site: "...He saw that by incorporating this philosophy into his collection, he could create fashion forward clothes without wasting fabric; he could challenge the industry paradigm of reckless waste to one of considerate design..."
  











A look through his collections shows how his commitment to reduce waste has greatly influenced his designs; with unique knotting, braiding, and draping.












I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite piece ( I like 'em all) but I'd love to know yours! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground